In this day and age, it’s near impossible to avoid getting information on what’s new in the world of beauty and its new founded benefits. As I scroll through my Pinterest account, the use of coconut oil seems to be everywhere!
From hair growth and treatments to home-made body scrub recipes. I’m a huge fan of natural products and especially if they can be used for more that one beauty area I then become a groupie of the product.
I thought I would mention a few of my favourite beauty uses of coconut oil and how you can easily benefit and start using it today.
COCONUT OIL BEAUTY USES:
- Hair Treatment: Apply from roots to ends, comb and wrap it up (I normally use a shower cap). Leave for 15 – 20 minutes . Shampoo after.
- Dandruff Treatment: Lightly massage into roots and let it sit for a few minutes, shampoo after. Do this 1-2 times a week.
- Frizz Tamper: Natural hair is prone to frizz, easy fix, simply rub the coconut oil onto your ends or lightly over loose strands and there goes the frizz!
- Shaving Balm: Smooth over your legs before shaving
- Night Cream: Mix it into your night moisturiser and it gets rid of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Eye Makeup Remover: Place onto a cotton ball and gently sweep over your eyes.
- Cheekbone Highlighter: Sweep small amount over makeup on inner corners of your eyes and apples of your cheeks for a glow.
- Body Scrub Recipe: Mix 1/2 cup of coconut oil and 1 cup of brown sugar over low heat remove from pan and into a container. Let it cool and add any of your favourite essential oils and use before your showers once a week.
- Face Mask: Mix 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp coconut oil, apply it to your face. Let it set for 15-20 minutes. Apply to dry clean face. Remove with wet washcloth.
If you have any other suggestions of how you use coconut oil and how it may have helped you, please comment below.